DescriptionSpuriscope Counterfeit Detector.
This is a Ruth Devices Spuriscope counterfeit detector that carries a patent date from 1939. This approximate 4.5 inch diameter plastic Spuriscope comes in its original box and with the original instruction sheet. The detector was effectively a hoax as it operated by dividing the serial number by six to ensure that it matched the plate number. This is a neat collateral item for the small size collector.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Coins & Currency (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
15% of the successful bid (minimum $9) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)