DescriptionNorth Carolina December, 1768 20s Very Fine. This 20 shilling note is well margined, boldly signed, and is extremely high grade for the colony and era. James Davis printed these notes on thin paper from type. An experienced printer, he relocated from Virginia to North Carolina in order to serve as the official printer for the colony. The upper left corner tip is slightly clipped and the other corners are rounded on this example.
Estimate: $300 - up.
Fees, Shipping, and Handling Description: Coins & Currency (view shipping information)
Sales Tax information | Terms and Conditions
Bidding Guidelines and Bid Increments
Glossary of Terms
Buyer's Premium per Lot:
15% of the successful bid (minimum $9) per lot.
- Past Auction Values (prices, photos, full descriptions, etc.)
- Bid online
- Free Collector newsletter
- Want List with instant e-mail notifications
- Reduced auction commissions when you resell your
- Cash Advances
- More Bidders
- Trusted Experts
- Over 200,000 Satisfied Consignors Since 1976
Learn about consigning with us
HA.com receives more traffic than any other auction house website. (Source: Similarweb.com)